Terms & Rules
The short film must have been completed after 1st April 2022
The short film can be Documentary, Experimental, Narrative, Fiction, Non - fiction or Animation.
Total running time must be of maximum of 20 minutes in length, including credits. There is no minimum running time limitation.
Premiere Status not required.
The short film can be in any language or any genre. All short films must have English/Hindi sub- titles for festival presentation.
We do not provide platform for any film that is likely to offend sentiments, feelings or sensibilities of any caste, community, religion and sector is likely to promote racism or ill will in the society, drug abuse, nudity etc.
We strongly recommend family viewing social content.
Censor Certificate is not mandatory for the film screening.
Multiple entries can be submitted. (Maximum of 3 entries)
By submitting the film, the submitter agrees that:
1. Rani Durgavati International Film Festival can use trailer/teaser/film poster/stills or BTS for promotional purpose (but do not release, under any form or circumstances, the full film)
2. Entry fees are non-refundable.
3. The submitter owns all the rights to the film, meaning that the submitted work (i) does not violate or infringe any copyright, patent, privacy right, publicity right, trademark, service mark or any other personal or property right of any person or entity, that (ii) does not constitute or include a defamation of any person or entity, and that (iii) its representatives have paid and will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other obligations, of any kind, arising from or associated with the exhibition of the Film at or in connection with the Festival. Also, that the submitter is duly authorized, on his own behalf and on behalf of all other persons or entities who have any ownership rights or interests (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights) in or relating to the film, to exhibit the film at the festival.
4. The submitter cannot withdraw the submission after the official selection announcement. If submitter fails the observance of this rule, the festival has the right to proceed with any legal action at its sole discretion.
5. For student fees, it is mandatory the student status evidence (e.g copy of student card included in the project).
6. RDIFF has right to use the entries / send / selected / nominated films, DVD and materials from the short film for Festival promotional purposes and to retain DVD copies of each film as part of our festival library.
7. The publicity material (Brochure, Stills, Poster, etc.) and a synopsis of the short film to be enclosed with the entry. Entry materials submitted shall not be returned to the entrant. If sent by courier, The festival will not be responsible or borne to pay if the Courier stuck with the concern department.
8. Film should be submitted before deadline. And only through Film Freeway.
9. Once film submitted for selection will be considered as final and no changes will be entertained after submission.
Winners are selected by a judging panel of industry professionals consisting of independent producers, production companies, filmmakers, and other film industry professionals who may be substituted at the discretion of the Festival organizers.
All films are judged equally based on:
Content Originality (Quality of story line, and script)
Production (Camera work, lighting, and shot composition)
Post Production(Editing, transitions, pacing, continuity, and flow)
Image (Focus, colour, and lighting)
Sound Quality (Clarity, consistency of audio levels, and lack of noise)
There will be at least 4 different judges to score the quality and creativity of each entry. The highest rated entries are nominated for the awards of the respective categories and finally the winners are chosen.
Besides the main award for each category, there can be Honourable Mentions.
No work or artist will be either discriminated or favoured by their country of origin, language, age, race, education, gender, ideology, or by their economic resources. Every content, every form, every technique will be admitted with no censorship of any kind.
The decision of selection committee is final and no correspondence will be entertained.
Finalists will be notified by email. RDIFF will use its best efforts to announce the selected films, winners at the designated time, but will not be held liable for any unforeseen delays.
By entering the Rani Durgavati International Film Festival, contestants and/ or their parents or legal guardian (if such entrant is a minor) agree to accept and be bound by the decisions of the festival and its judges which are final and binding in all matters.
Selection of films for RDIFF will be done by a committee whose decision will be final. However, Festival Authorities reserve the right to accept or reject any short film at any time. The Festival Authorities will have the right to screen (maximum 5 screening) in different cities of India on non- commercial basis. For promotional / publicity purposes, excerpts from any film entered in the festival may be shown on any Television network / Internet or related media during the festival period.
Entrant agrees to be bound by all terms of these official Festival rules and regulations as established herein. The Rani Durgavati International Film Festival reserves the right to extend the festival deadline for any unforeseen reasons if needed. Entry constitutes permission to use winner's name, likeness, and voice for future advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation.
Short films/Filmsthat are submitted must be the entrants’ original work and shall not infringe on any copyrights or any other rights of any third parties.
Contestants agree that they have obtained all required permissions regarding music, sound and/ or images presented in your short film/films. By entering the festival, the entrant agrees that the Rani Durgavati International Film Festival will not be held liable for any copyright infringements perpetrated by you or your short film/film.
The RDIFF reserves the right to not screen any film(s) for any reason it deems valid.
The entrants may also run the risk of being prosecuted as per the Indian Criminal Procedure Code and the Indian Media Law for any Offence or Infringement, the legal issues, if any, shall be under the jurisdiction of Jabalpur High Court only.
RDIFF organizing, selection committee members, juries are not allowed to participate in respective festival as a contestant
Entrants will retain all ownership rights to their films submitted.
(i) We do not have any associate event. Any resemblance to other events is purely coincidental. We do not represent or can be represented by any other organization.
(ii) Also, we do not disclose any kind of information with third parties.
(iii) Finally, please be aware that we do not ask for or accept any kind of donations.